Monday, August 6, 2012

1001 Peeps and Wonkie Applique Quilt [Quilting]

My wife reminded me of that I have not posted about one of the quilts I did and after looking at my Flickr sets  I see that I forgot to post the finished product of the wonkie quilt I was working on.

The first is the 1001 Peeps Magic Carpet quilt I did.  I gave it to a tattoo artist friend.  Steve Byrne works at Rock of Ages Tattoo studio in Austin.  He just had a new baby girl and I wanted to give his son something, thinking that he might be feeling a little jealous of the new arrival.


1001 peeps quilt

1001 peeps quilt

1001 peeps

1001 Peeps

1001 peeps quilt

As I said in an early post, I started a wonkie quilt and I decided to serge the top together. But instead of just a regular overlock stitch I decided to do a really cool Wave stitch that is available on the Baby Lock Evolution serger. fianse

When I got the backing fabric I also decided to applique some of the butterflies on the top.  I gave this one to another tattoo artist that works at Rock of Ages, Jay Chastain.  He and his fiance just had a little girl and I wanted to give it to them for the little one.


Wonkie Quilt

Wonkie Quilt

Wonkie Quilt...with my feet

Wonkie

Wonkie

Babylock Serger Wave Stitch

Wonkie Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment